What is CranioSacral Therapy?
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) was pioneered and developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger following extensive scientific studies from 1975-83 at Michigan State University, where he served as a clinical researcher and Professor of Biomechanics.
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system call the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch no greater than 5 grams, the practitioner releases restrictions to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
This complements the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfuction including:
- Migrane headaches
- Stress / Anxiety
- Chronic Neck and Back pain
- Central Nervous system disorders
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Figromyalgia ad other Connective tissue disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Learning Disabilities
- Infantile disorders
- Neurovascular or immune disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Birthing Trauma
- Dental Trauma
For more info please go to upledger.org