Try this simple Yoga Breathing Technique to Slow your Mind down and reduce anxiety. If you are worried about work? Running late? Do this at the red light!
I use it when walking up to a difficult shot in golf. It takes only a few minutes.
ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING, in Sanskrit ( one of the legates of India ) it is called Nadi Shodhana Pranayama, which translates to “subtle energy clearing
- Sit in a comfortable position, relax the jaw, Close the eyes
- Raise the right arm with the elbow soft.
- Place the tip of your index finger and middle finger of your right hand on the forehead. The Ring finger on the left nostril and the thumb on the right nostril.
- Exhale and close the right nostril with the thumb
- Inhale through the left nostril, Pause,
- Close the left and Exhale through the right, Pause
- Inhale through the right nostril, close the right
- Exhale through the left nostril ** That is one round**
- Continue slowly breathing smoothly and fully in for 4count exhale for a 4 count with a slight pause on each end.
Practice 5-10 Rounds and your nervous system will begin to soften and your anxiousness will dictate. Great to do before Bedtime or before a test or presentation. For Alternative ways to release anxiety try my GUIDED MEDITATION CLASSES OR YOGA CLASSES https://wendymarchese.com/yoga/#class-calendar
OR try a CranioSacral Session https://wendymarchese.com/craniosacral/